Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Surprising Award

Today is an amazing day. One year ago this week, I wrote my first blog post with the title "Bloom Where You Are Planted"  At that time, I doubted I could bloom and write a blog that would attract and maintain interested viewers. Since inception, my blog has received almost 6,000 hits with readers in fifteen countries around the world.

A year ago, I was struggling to find direction for my memoir, "Born Three Times-A New Life, A New Liver, A New Love."  Once I made the commitment to go with a self-publisher, I devoted myself to get the book through the final stages and into print. I have been so blessed these past six months with the opportunity to share my story with so many people through book signings, speaking engagements, as well as radio and TV interviews.

Last night "Born Three Times" won the Director's Choice Award for biography at the Blue Ridge Christian Writers Conference at Ridgecrest, North Carolina. This annual writers conference is one of the largest in the Southeast. I attended the Blue Ridge Conference in 2010 and was inspired and motivated by what I learned. Here is the plaque showing my achievement. 

 
 
Thank you to all of you who have read my blog and book and provide comments that encourage me to keep on writing. I couldn't have done it without you.  I also thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for giving me the gift of second chances, so that I can share my story as a witness to His Amazing Grace.

8 comments:

  1. Frieda, This is great news, you deserve that award, you have worked so hard on this for a long time. God bless and keep you going, you had the opportunity to encourage many people, and you do not let the dust settle under foot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a year you (and Charles) have experienced! You made the commitment to glorify God through your writing, and He "gave the increase." I am thrilled for you. May you continue to be a blessing as you fulfill your calling(s.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Frieda! Such wonderful honor - your determination and dedication have had fantastic results!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. This is a well deserved award. You have worked hard and are now reaping the rewards. God is blessing you richly and you give testimony to His love .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freida, your book was such a pleasure to read. Our lives took similar tracks--formative years spent in Burke and then we had to leave (for different reasons). You can take the kid out of Burke but you can't take Burke out of the kid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Frieda. Your hard work & dedication has paid off with this well deserved award. I truly enjoyed reading your book & would recommend it. Look forward to your blogs. They are all interesting reading....

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's my wife! I am proud of her care, perseverance and many other attributes. I just don't have time to say them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frieda, I am happy for and with you. You deserve it because your main goal is always to honor HIM. So HE is blessing you. Congratulations,... well deserved! Sandra Anderson

    ReplyDelete