Monday, December 30, 2013

A Clean Slate


ü  A new Word document  
ü  A blank calendar
ü  A fresh blog post
ü  An empty journal or diary
ü  An unopened flash drive
All waiting to be filled with words, dates, memories, and files—A New Year filled with choices, actions, resolutions, goals, and efforts.
  
Like you, I ask myself, “What will 2014 bring and what will I do during the next 365 days?” According to my calculation that is 8,760 hours; 525,600 minutes; 31,536,000 seconds. If I sleep one-third of my allotted hours, the remaining 5,840 hours or 16 hours each day await my imprint.

Some of those hours will be filled with office work, housework, food prep, and unexpected interruptions. Quantity time with my husband, family, and friends will be a priority as well as quality time with God through prayer, church attendance, and service to others. 
I start a new year with a clean slate when it comes to my writing. Writing 24 blogs in 2014 is daunting when I have an idea for only one. Most of my blog topics come to me from events or circumstances in my life. I  always look for a good quote or inspiration from an article or spot on TV. So far I have written 40 blogs with the self-imposed deadline of two each month. When you read and comment, I am encouraged to keep on posting.

My big project for the year is writing Charles’ life story. He has already given me pages of memories that I will massage and rework into a memoir that will be an inspiration to many. Like it was for me, writing his life story is a time of reflection on many events—some of which he would prefer not to relive. However writing my memoir, Born Three Times­­­­–A New Life, A New Liver, A New Love, proved to be a very therapeutic experience.
You, too, have a story to tell and I encourage you to take the time to find a way to record your memories for your future generations. It would be a good way to use some of your time in 2014 to bless other people. 

Let's fill our clean slates in 2014 with words and actions that will honor God and bless others along the way. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.”
Happy New Year
Frieda Dixon
Too Two Late Bloomers

 

4 comments:

  1. With this sort of encouragement... you and others will be hearing from me, too. Thank you for writing your story and now Charles'. We love you both so much! We hope you did not over-do it at Christmas time with all your cooking and baking. The joy of entertaining makes up for the tired legs and feet, doesn't it!
    Love from the tropics,
    Carleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your finishing Charles' story. Your Middle Sis looks forward to opening new Devotional Books & my Bible Verse for the year 2014 is,"Be Joyful in Hope, Patient in affliction, Faithful in prayer!" (Romans 12;12). You keep "blogging" & we'll keep responding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting for the new year with great anticipation...After a long recovery from a past life God has written a great ending to my life I am going to try hard and live it with more prayer knowing I am still weak But He is strong .Knowing He will still love me when I fall again .Proverbs 18:2 He is my shield,the power that saves me and my place of safety.Happy and Blessed New Year to all

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful that 2013 has left. Thankful for a new start and pray that this one will be more peaceful and enjoyable. I do know God will carry me through it no matter what it turns out to be. He is with me as I start anew. Thank you for writing your blog Frieda, it is very enjoyable, inspirational, and interesting to see what you and Charles are up to. I want to read that book, so get busy.

    ReplyDelete