Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Lot of Hot Air


We must be blooming idiots to think we could pack so many stressful projects into the most hectic time of the year. But, that is exactly how our December is shaping up.
After waiting months to receive a contract for further wind tunnel testing for his aircraft innovations, Charles finally got the go ahead to test two airplanes before the end of 2012. He recently spent two weeks at the Glenn L. Martin Wind Tunnel in Maryland, a state of the art low speed wind tunnel that has been actively involved in aerodynamic research and development since 1949. The tunnel is located near the College Park Airport, which is known as the “cradle of aviation” and is the world’s oldest continually operating airport. The wind tunnel operations continue the pioneering spirit of the airport in the testing of many past and current aircraft. He and his crew blew a lot of hot air through the tunnel to determine if his innovations will improve aircraft performance. Long days of trial and error achieved successful results which he will further prove in flight tests during 2013.
Everyone tells me the best time to market my new book is during the Christmas gift-giving season. So while he is working on his aviation dream, I am busy sending up trial balloons to find the most effective way to promote, Born Three Times.

Trial Balloon 1-Plan a Book Signing:   
My book debut and first signing will be on December 16, 2012 from 3:00-5:00 pm, at Towne View Baptist Church, 1115 Shiloh Road, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Please come if you are in the area.
Trial Balloon 2-Record a Radio Interview:
In the next few days, I will be recording a radio interview about my book and why I wrote it, which will air on Internet Radio. As soon as I learn the details, I will send them on to you. 

Trial Balloon 3-Encourage People to Buy my Book: 
See the “How to Order” tab above for all the details about ordering a soft cover edition or E-book download for your Kindle, Nook, or other electronic reader. 

Whew I am tired just thinking about it all and I need a better perspective. I have decided that no matter which way the wind blows with our earthly projects during the month of December, both of us need to take a deep breath and look for the real reason for the Christmas season. I am reminded of Jesus’ words to Nicodemus in the Gospel of John. “The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” (John 3:8). Now that is a real breath of fresh air!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that's good. And neither of you are "blow hards".....well, maybe Charles! Ha. All the best to both as you feel feel the "breath of fresh air" in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to a wonderful person, author and friend!! So proud of you!! Love to read your blog that always leaves me smiling. Your book is a wonderful read that deserves all the attention it gets!! It is a MUST READ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you do have a lot going on. It makes me tired to read about it all. I'm glad Charle's wind tunnel tests went well. I'm looking forward to your book signing. I can't wait to start reading Born Three Times. 2012 has been an exciting year for the two of you. It will be interesting to see how 2013 plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS to our friends FRIEDA & CHARLES on following through with the goals you set. When most folks wind down, you are picking up speed... and FINISHING big projects with the Lord's help. Carleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy reading your blogs Frieda. Love your book cover. Pray for
    a positive outcome on Charles' wind tunnel test, much success for
    sales of your book. Both you and Charles are very accomplished
    individuals, & I am pleased to be your friend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I quess we have to keep on keeping on. Maybe we can blow a lot of hot air next year

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dan Miller one of my favorite mentors and an author, likes to say that writing a book is 10% of the work. Promoting and marketing the book is 90%. I am always thinking about this issue... Here's a blog that I wrote a few months ago about it: http://lynnewatts.blogspot.com/2012/09/what-does-it-take-to-sell-book.html Here's my take on it so far... book signings are not too successful---book events/parties/launches are better if there is more to it than selling a book. Wishing you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Frieda! I look forward to seeing Charle's plane fly.

    ReplyDelete